Posted July 17, 2018 in Articles
NEWTON, Mass., July 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Invest in Others Charitable Foundation is pleased to announce that fifteen financial advisors and six financial services companies were selected as finalists for the 2018 Invest in Others Awards.
Now in its 12th year, the Invest in Others Awards program recognizes the charitable work of financial advisors and financial services firms in communities across the country and around the world. Through this flagship program, Invest in Others has presented 57 awards, partnered with over 155 charities, shared hundreds of inspirational stories, and donated over $2 million to causes that financial advisors and firms care so much about.
Financial advisors are nominated by their peers for actively giving back to non-profits to improve their communities and make a difference in the lives of others. A record-breaking number of nominations were received this year. Finalists were selected based on their leadership, dedication, contribution, inspiration, and impact on a non-profit and the community it serves. The designated non-profits of award finalists and winners will receive donations of up to $50,000 from Invest in Others.
By award category, the 2018 finalists are:
- Carrie Coghill of Coghill Investment Strategies in Pittsburgh, Pa. for the Magee Womens Research Institute & Foundation
- Cullen Douglass of Northwestern Mutual in Nashville, Tenn. for Family and Children's Services
- Paul Wetmore of Merrill Lynch in Los Angeles, Calif. for the Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center
- Brenda Blisk of Blisk Financial Group in McLean, Va. for the American Red Cross in the National Capital Region
- Bryan Drowos of Wells Fargo Advisors in Boca Raton, Fla. for the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County
- Timothy Rice of Lakeside Wealth Management in Chesterton, Ind. for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Northwest Indiana
- Jim Quigley of Barrington Wealth Management in Chicago, Ill. for Hope's In
- David Shnitzer of Ameriprise Financial in Boston, Mass. for CameroonONE & ONETrack International
- Bob Solis of Morgan Stanley in Peoria, Ariz. for Open Arms Home For Children
Volunteer of the Year
- Pat Henry of Hanson McClain Advisors in Sacramento, Calif. for Okizu
- Sacha Millstone of The Millstone Evans Group of Raymond James in Boulder, Colo. for Funding the Future
- Stephen Rudolph of HW Financial Advisors in Beachwood, Ohio for Milestones Autism Resources
- William Lervaag of Masterplan Financial Group in Peoria, Ill. for Heart of Illinois Harvest
- Stephen Plain of SEP Financial Services in Goshen, N.Y. for the Town of Wallkill Boys and Girls Club
- Pat Sullivan of Private Advisor Group in Morristown, N.J. for Good Grief
Corporate Philanthropy - Advisory Firms:
- Cassaday & Company, Inc. of McLean, Va.
- Centinel Financial Group of Needham, Mass.
- SkyOak Wealth of Medford, Ore.
Corporate Philanthropy - Financial Institutions:
- Berkshire Bank of Boston, Mass.
- Main Street Financial Services of Luverne, Minn.
- Raymond James of Saint Petersburg, Fla.
"We are excited to announce the finalists for the 12th annual Invest in Others Awards. This group of financial advisors and firms have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to their communities through their passion, dedication and leadership as they prioritize philanthropy in ways that many of us could not imagine. The non-profits they work with represent a range of causes, including youth development, poverty prevention, medical research, and much more," said Megan McAuley, Executive Director & President of Invest in Others.
Awards will be presented at the 12th annual Invest in Others Awards Gala, a premier event attended by nearly 800 financial advisors and financial services executives, on September 27, 2018 in Boston, Mass. Top sponsors include Allianz, Cetera Financial Group, Fidelity Investments, and Merrill Lynch.
About the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
The inspiration for the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation came directly from the financial advisors who invest in others by giving back to their communities with overwhelming generosity and dedication. Since its founding in 2006, Invest in Others has amplified these efforts by providing a platform for advisors to increase awareness, visibility, and funding to their favorite non-profits. For more information, visit www.investinothers.org.
SOURCE Invest in Others Charitable Foundation