5 Ways to Use a Milestones Consultation to Prep for the School Year
Posted on 07/10/19 in School by Milestones
“Where did the summer go?!”
Somehow, back-to-school time is here. Is it just us or do the summer months get shorter every year?
If you are a parent in need of school support for your child, there is still time to get some extra guidance before the school year begins. Milestones Autism Resources is gearing up for the fall just like you and we're here to support you and your family as new changes come your way.
1) Didn’t get ESY and are certain your child needed it? Work with a Milestones consultant to put together a plan for tracking regression in skills throughout the upcoming school year so that you have data to show the educational need for ESY next year.
2) Is your child or loved one transitioning to middle school, high school or college this fall? Transitioning to a new building, educational team and new phase of life is hard for everyone, but can be anxiety-producing for both the student on the spectrum and their family. Get your loved one or yourself started on the right foot by making a plan for a successful transition to a new academic setting.
3) Is this year the last year your student will be in high school? Make a comprehensive transition to adulthood plan with the Milestones team to ensure your student will have a smooth transition to higher education, employment or community involvement.
4) Starting first grade and worried about how your child will do? Our team includes a master’s level Early Intervention/School-Age Coordinator who can help you learn about common accommodations and supports for your new first grader!
5) Has your child recently been diagnosed with autism? Are they going to get their first 504 or IEP this school year? Milestones staff can explain what the 504/IEP process is like, who’s involved and what the ultimate outcome should be for your child.
Answer “yes” to any of these questions? If so, give Milestones a call today at 216.464.7600 ext. 200 or fill out an intake form online. Our team of experts can prepare you and your loved one for the best school year possible.
Photo credit: New Image Photography