Helpdesk Spanish Support PRN
Job / Posted November 10, 2021
Milestones Autism Resources is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of autistic individuals, families, caregivers and professionals by educating, coaching, and connecting them to trusted resources.
Helpdesk Spanish Support PRN will work within a team structure supervised by the Program Manager to provide Helpdesk support to Spanish speaking individuals contacting Milestones.
- Coach and refer individuals, parents and professionals
- Answer calls and emails seeking autism-related questions and knowledgeable advice.
- Compile resources and recommendations. Discuss options and referrals.
- Document though case notes and follow-up at regular intervals
- Common topics include:
- New diagnosis
- School & IEP issues
- Social & recreational opportunities
- Therapy service providers
- Transition to adulthood
- Funding & insurance
- Build and foster relationships with agencies serving the Hispanic community
- Develop resources, such as finding Spanish speaking providers and resources
- Making presentations to Spanish speaking partners and families
- Report activities and outcomes for quarterly grant reports
- Other Duties as specified
- Fluent or Excellent ability in oral and written Spanish. Prefer someone with experience working with local Spanish speaking communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving, interpersonal skills
- Experience working with families and consumers with ASD or I/DD
- Associate’s or higher degree or 2 years work experience in Social Work, Education, Counseling, Human Services or related field.
- Comfortable with technology and conducting services via virtual means
Applicants should apply for this position through Indeed.com.